Standardization Management Board
Title / Task
Wearable Smart Devices
The scope of SG 10 is to:
- clarify the terminology and obtain agreed understanding of Wearable Smart Devices (WSD);
- gather and share information on the market needs of WSD;
- make inventory of WSD related activities within IEC;
- make inventory of WSD related activities outside IEC;
- identify the standardization themes, relevant TC/SCs and any gap on WSD
- investigate and recommend priorities of work on WSD; and
- coordinate WSD related activities within IEC.
The expected outcome will be:
- report to SMB with recommendations on WSD related standardization activities under the scope;
- market needs information which may include requirements and standards necessary for entry into the market place if possible;
- roadmap of WSD related standardization (priority); and
- matrix on WSD standardization items and TC/SC activities (inventory).