Documentation, graphical symbols and representations of technical information
TC 3 Scope
Standardization in the field of documentation, graphical symbols and representations of technical information, covering
1) Rules, principles and methods focusing on machine sensible representation of information. This includes but is not limited to:
- Definition and identification of classes and properties (e.g. sematic data),
- ontologies and data dictionaries (e.g. CDD),
- Information models for structuring of technical data and document management,
- information exchange based on existing communication means.
It includes definition, co-ordination and management of the information required during the whole life cycle of a device, system, or plant, also covering aspects of documentation.
2) Rules, principles and methods focusing on human sensible representation of the information. This includes but is not limited to:
- presentation of information in documentation,
- graphical symbols for use in documentation,
- graphical symbols for the human interaction with equipment.
The standards deal with the presentations and graphical symbols as shown in documents or on equipment, independently of their forms of representation, analogue or digital, but may also include requirements for the development of documentation.
3) Rules, principles and methods for general and safety related marking, identification and arrangement of information in electrical installations, equipment and man-machine interfaces. This includes but is not limited to:
- the meanings of colours and alternative means, when used for marking and identification,
- the arrangement of indicating devices and actuators,
- coding principles for indicating and actuating devices,
- terminal designation of electrical and electronic components, apparatus and equipment,
- designation of certain designated conductors,
- marking of electrical and electronic equipment with ratings related to supply and to its properties,
- marking of bare and insulated conductors.
Strategic Business Plan
|TC 3 Officers|