International Standards and Conformity Assessment for all electrical, electronic and related technologies
TC 81 Scope
To prepare international standards and guides for lightning protection for structures, as well for persons, installations, services and contents.
• To develop requirements for design and installation of Lightning Protection Systems for structures,
• To develop requirements for design and installation of Surge Protection Measures for structures as they relate to protection from lightning effects,
• To develop basic requirements for protection against electromagnetic effects due to lightning,
• To give general guidance to IEC member countries that may have need of such requirements and
• To facilitate international exchanges that may be hampered by differences in national regulations.
Strategic Business Plan
|TC 81 Officers|