Environmental standardization for electrical and electronic products and systems
TC 111 Scope
Standardization of environmental aspects concerns:
- To prepare the necessary guidelines, basic and horizontal standards, including technical reports, in the environmental area, in close cooperation with product committees of IEC, which remain autonomous in dealing with the environmental aspects relevant to their products;
- To liaise with product committees in the elaboration of environmental requirements of product standards in order to foster common technical approaches and solutions for similar problems and thus assure consistency in IEC standards;
- To liaise with ACEA and ISO/TC 207;
- To monitor closely the corresponding regional standardization activities worldwide in order to become a focal point for discussions concerning standardization;
- EMC and EMF aspects are excluded from the scope.