Transformers, reactors, power supply units, and combinations thereof
TC 96 Scope
Standardization in the field of safety, EMC, EMF, energy efficiency and environmental aspects of transformers, reactors, power supply units, and combinations thereof. The standardization does not cover transformers, reactors and power supply units intended to be a part of distribution networks (covered by TC 14).
The general limitations for voltages are:
- rated supply voltage not exceeding 1 000 V a.c.;
- rated output voltage not exceeding 1 000 V a.c. or 1 500 V ripple free d.c.; however, internal voltages may exceed 1 000 V a.c. or 1 500 V ripple free d.c. For high-voltage applications, other than distribution networks (covered by TC 14), the rated output voltage can exceed 1 000 V a.c. or 1 500 V ripple free d.c. but the no load output voltage shall not exceed 15 000 V a.c. or 15 000 V d.c.
The general limitations for the rated output are:
- The maximum rated output depends on the type of transformer or linear power supply unit does in most cases not exceed 25 kVA for single-phase products and 40 kVA for three phase products;
- the maximum rated output does not exceed 1 kVA for both single-phase and three phase Switch Mode Power Supplies;
- the general limitations for the rated core power are 25 kVA for single-phase auto transformers and 40 kVA for three phase auto transformers;
- the general limitations for the rated power are 50 kvar for single-phase reactors and 80 kvar for three phase reactors. For special transformers, reactors and power supply units and combinations thereof there are no limitation of rated output, rated core power and rated power.
Strategic Business Plan
|TC 96 Officers|