TC 81 Scope
To prepare international standards and guides for lightning protection for structures, as well for persons, installations, services and contents.
• To develop requirements for design and installation of Lightning Protection Systems for structures,
• To develop requirements for design and installation of Surge Protection Measures for structures as they relate to protection from lightning effects,
• To develop basic requirements for protection against electromagnetic effects due to lightning,
• To give general guidance to IEC member countries that may have need of such requirements and
• To facilitate international exchanges that may be hampered by differences in national regulations.
Strategic Business Plan
|TC 81 Officers|