Graphical symbols for use on equipment
SC 3C Scope
Standardization in the field of graphical symbols for the human interaction with equipment regarding methods and rules.
- Basic design rules for graphical symbols.
- The design of graphical symbols for particular applications.
Graphical symbols for use on equipment are primarily intended to:
- identify the equipment or a part of the equipment (e.g. a control or display);
- indicate a functional state (e.g. on, off, alarm);
- designate connections (e.g. terminals, filling points for materials);
- provide information on packaging (e.g. identification of contents, instructions for handling);
- provide instruction for the operation of the equipment (e.g. limitations of use).
|SC 3C Officers|