Secondary cells and batteries
TC 21 Scope
To provide standards for all secondary cells and batteries related to product (dimension and performance), safety (including marking and labelling), testing, and safe application (installation, maintenance, operation) irrespective of type or application or configuration (hybrid, stand alone, module). Main applications are:
• industrial (telecom, UPS, reliable power supply and traction)
• electrical vehicles (full electrical vehicle, hybrid car, bicycle)
• portable (computer, tool, lamp)
• onboard batteries (aircraft, railway, ship, motor-home)
• energy storage (renewable, on- grid and off-grid).
All electrochemical systems are considered such as Lead acid, Nickel based (NiMH, NiCd) and Lithium based. New battery technologies and chemistries such as flow batteries and High temperature batteries (e.g. sodium sulfur, sodium nickel chloride) are included. The work is shared between TC 21 and SC 21A according to technologies and applications. For standardization of applications and system integration, TC 21 is cooperating with the responsible Committees, TC 9, TC 34, TC 69, TC 82, TC 105, TC 116, TC 120 and ISO TC22/SC21.
Strategic Business Plan
|TC 21 Officers|