International Standards and Conformity Assessment for all electrical, electronic and related technologies
Graphical symbols for use on equipment
SC 3C Scope
Standardization in the field of graphical symbols for the human interaction with equipment regarding methods and rules.
- Basic design rules for graphical symbols.
- The design of graphical symbols for particular applications.
Graphical symbols for use on equipment are primarily intended to:
- identify the equipment or a part of the equipment (e.g. a control or display);
- indicate a functional state (e.g. on, off, alarm);
- designate connections (e.g. terminals, filling points for materials);
- provide information on packaging (e.g. identification of contents, instructions for handling);
- provide instruction for the operation of the equipment (e.g. limitations of use).
|SC 3C Officers|