International Standards and Conformity Assessment for all electrical, electronic and related technologies
International special committee on radio interference
Standardization in the field of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) including:
2) Measurement instrumentation, facilities, methods and statistical analysis for the measurement of disturbance.
3) Limits for radio disturbances caused by electrical or electronic appliances and systems.
4) Requirements for the immunity of electrical appliances, multimedia equipment, information technology equipment and sound and television broadcast receiving installations from interference.
5) Liaison with IEC Technical Committees that maintain basic standards that apply the prescriptions of methods of measurement of such immunity. Test levels for such immunity tests will be set by CISPR in relevant product standards.
6) The consideration jointly with other IEC and ISO committees of the emission and immunity requirements for devices and products where their standards cover EMC requirements which do not match to the respective requirements in CISPR standards.
7) Taking into account the impact of safety issues on disturbance suppression and immunity of electrical equipment. For further information about CISPR standards see the CISPR Guide. CISPR Members
Note: The following list is not part of the CISPR scope. I-members are shown here as CISPR is unique in this aspect and the IEC web-site structure currently has no other section for membership. The CISPR is composed of the following bodies: Participating National Committees of the IEC and the following International Organizations:
- CIGRE (International Council on Large Electric Systems)
- EBU (European Broadcasting Union)
- ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute)
- IARU (International Amateur Radio Union)
- ITU-R (International Telecommunications Union - Radio-communications Sector)
- ITU-T (International Telecommunication Union - Telecommunication Standardization Sector)
Strategic Business Plan
CISPR Standardization Policy
CISPR Guide to EMC in SmartGrid