Discrete semiconductor devices
|SC 47E||WG 8||Mr Alexander Jaus||CFDIS||2020-10||2023|
IEC 60747-17 ED1 specifies the terminology, essential ratings, characteristics, safety test and the measuring methods of magnetic coupler and capacitive coupler.
It specifies the principles and requirements of insulation and isolation characteristics for magnetic and capacitive couplers for basic insulation and reinforced insulation.
This first edition cancels and replaces IEC PAS 60747-17:2011. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC PAS 60747-17:2011:
- introduced lifetime safety factors for improved life time consideration, to comply with widely recognized aging mechanisms of silicone dioxide (TDDB) and thin film polymer isolation layers;
- significantly improved "end of life testing" paragraph and statistical life time consideration by adding detailed description on process, safety factors, methods of generating data points and respective lifetime interpolations as well as being specific on minimum amount of samples required;
- introduced concept of certification by similarity, including Annex A, giving guidance on qualification considerations and required certification process;
- alternative pulse shape allowed for surge pulse testing, to avoid issues due to surge tester availability;
- various improvements throughout the standard: definitions, for example type of coupler have been improved, introduction of surge impulse VIMP rating, usage of glass transition temperature, pre-conditioning have been redefined for improved usability and better compatibility with today’s design and functionality of couplers, available mold compounds, etc.
IEC 60747-17 ED1
Semiconductor devices - Part 17: Magnetic and capacitive coupler for basic and reinforced insulation
SMB/6186/DL - 3CD: 2017-07-31, FDIS: 2018-08-31