Environmental conditions, classification and methods of test
|TC 104||MT 16||Mr Shigeo SUGA||CFDIS||2021-04||2027|
IEC 60068-2-11:2020 specifies a test method for assessing the corrosion resistance of electrotechnical products components, equipment and materials in a salt mist environment. Its objective is to verify that the comparative quality of a metallic material, with or without corrosion protection, is maintained when exposed to salt mist.
This test method is useful for evaluating the quality and the uniformity of coatings applied to protect metals against corrosion. It is particularly useful for detecting discontinuities, such as pores and other defects, in certain metallic, organic, anodic oxide and conversion coatings.
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 1981. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- the preparation of the salt solution has been modified;
- the temperature of the solution for measuring pH has been modified;
- the atomizing pressure and water temperature of the saturation tower have been added and are given in Table 1;
- test report details have been modified;
- examples of typical test apparatus have been added and are given in Annex A;
- a method for evaluating corrosivity of the apparatus has been added and is given in Annex B;
- a bibliography has been added.