Solid electrical insulating materials
|TC 15||WG 7||Mr Gunther Baumgarten||CFDIS||2021-07||2024|
IEC 60455-3-8: 2021 gives the requirements for resins for power cable accessories that conform to this specification and meet established levels of performance. However, the selection of a material by a user for a specific application will be based on the actual requirements necessary for adequate performance in that application and not on this specification alone. These materials are designed to be used in low and medium voltage cable accessories and as such, electrical performance is proven as part of the assembly. Examples of this are described in EN 50393 and IEC 60502-4. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2013. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Clause 1: a link to assemblies according to IEC 60502-4 and EN 50393 was introduced;
- designation: the categories, especially the mechanical ones, were redefined;
- type tests: the testing was updated based on the chemical basis of the material;
- type tests: additional materials were introduced;
- Annex A: an examination grid was established.