Electrical equipment and systems for railways
Mr Gianosvaldo Piana Fadin
|Mr Vasily Kuryanov||RU|
|Mr Laurent LASNIER||FR|
|Mr Gui Liu||CN|
|Mr Chris Llewellyn||GB|
|Mr Pietro Marmo||IT|
|Mr Denis MIGLIANICO||FR|
|Mr Marco Predonzan||IT|
|Mr Joachim Ring||DE|
|Mr Hiroshi TANAKA||JP|
|Mr Korefumi Tashiro||JP|
|Ms lizhi Zhang||CN|
Title & Task
Chairman's Advisory Group
The CAG is chaired by IEC/TC9 chairman, the Secretariat being that of TC9.
IEC Central Office, and the Officers of Cenelec TC 9X are de facto members of TC9 CAG.
The total number of members, excluding the Chairman, the Secretariat, Central Office and Cenelec TC9X Officers, shall not exceed twelve.
Members are experts knowledgeable in strategy in the domain of the railway standardization.
They are proposed by TC9 P-Members’ National Committees (NCs) and their appointment has to be endorsed by TC9.
Maximum membership in TC9 CAG for a TC9 P-Member cannot exceed two.
The initial term of office of these members is three years, starting at the foundation of CAG (November 2005). Normally two extensions, each of three years, may be approved by TC9 with the support of the nominee's NC.
In the appointment of members, consideration should be given to regional balance, balance between users and manufacturers, technical background and staggering of the membership.
A list of the members of TC9 is maintained up to date within the IEC.
2. TERMS OF REFERENCE
This Chairman Advisory Group is the advisory group to TC9, and covers all the remits below :
• to review market needs of the particular sector taking into account the needs of users including
consumers where appropriate;
• to identify subjects and technologies needed but not covered by current standardisation;
• to act in the framework of IEC policy on Global Relevance, therefore to identify the items
- European Interoperability Directives, and TSIs,
- regulations in Asia,
- regulations in America,
- any other regulation …
• to guide TC9 in defining and reviewing its Strategic Policy Statement,
• to review and identify priorities in the technical activities of TC9;
• to identify relevant de-facto, international, regional or national standards, evaluate them,. and propose their submission to the appropriate IEC process if relevant.
• to assess effectiveness of the programme of work in meeting the needs of the railway sector;
• to review all new work items.
• to advise the SMB [through TC9] on possible overlaps, conflicts and gaps and recommend corrective action;
More information please refer to 9_948_DC & 9_1021_RM.