International Standards and Conformity Assessment for all electrical, electronic and related technologies
ISO/IEC JTC 1
Title & Task
- Conduct a study of potential standards for Data Sharing Frameworks that would describe factors to consider when sharing data.
- Determine what is covered by data sharing frameworks.
- Identify the JTC 1 subgroups that are relevant to data sharing frameworks and existing work in JTC 1, and other ISO and IEC groups.
- Identify the concerns relating to data sharing frameworks, existing standards that address these concerns, and any gaps, such as:
- lack of guidance and best practices for data sharing;
- why many data custodians remain hesitant to share data (cultural, economic or other reasons);
- privacy, security and safety as concerns that are raised by advocates as the capability of data analytics increases;
- Cooperate with SC 27, SC 32, SC 36 SC 38 and SC 42 on definitions and relationships between Personal Information and Personally Identifiable Information.
- Conduct a study of potential standards for defining and determining Personal Information Factor (PIF) levels along with a levels-of-assurance framework. The study should consider ISO/IEC 29115, Entity Authentication Assurance to inform the levels-of assurance framework and consider ISO/IEC 38505-1, Governance of data
- Engage with standards setting organizations that are involved in data sharing framework standardization as approved by the AG on Data Usage.