Training sessions can be individually put together with content from the following areas:
Drafting IEC publications
For training on the drafting of IEC publications, we would like to understand your requirements before scheduling a session. It is helpful for us to know more about how you prepare your documents, not just to offer a personalised training, but also because we may find possibilities to support your working group's processes more efficiently.
- How do I structure a document?
- How do we elaborate terms and definitions?
- What is important when writing normative references?
- What do we do with a document that has been edited in the CO?
- What do all new work group members need to know about editing?
- We want to update an existing publication - how do we go about it?
- Why do we need the IEC standard template and how do we work with it efficiently?
- What formatting do I have to apply to our documents?
- Someone else does the formatting for me - what do they need to know?
- What tools can we use to create our illustrations?
- What's the best way of putting figures in a publication?
- How can we obtain the original publication's figures to adapt them for a new edition?
- What colours should we use?