International Standards and Conformity Assessment for all electrical, electronic and related technologies
Secretary / Assistant Secretary
The role of the Secretary
Roles and responsibilities
The secretary is responsible for the following to be executed in a timely manner:
a) Working documents:
- Preparation of committee drafts, arranging for their distribution and the treatment of the comments received;
- Preparation of enquiry drafts and text for the circulation of the final draft International Standards or publication of International Standards;
- Ensuring the equivalence of the English and French texts, if necessary with the assistance of other national bodies that are able and willing to take responsibility for the language versions concerned.
b) Project management
- Assisting in the establishment of priorities and target dates for each project;
- Notifying the names, etc. of all working group and maintenance team convenors and project leaders to the office of the CEO;
- Proposing proactively the publication of alternative deliverables or cancellation of projects that are running significantly overtime, and/or which appear to lack sufficient support.