Drafting IEC publications
Printing comments and tracked changes
Comments and tracked changes are part of Word's so-called markup. By choosing whether or not to include markup when printing, you can print
- the document with changes and comments
- the document without changes and comments
- just the changes and comments (List of markup)
The required options can be found in the Print menu.
- Word 2010: File > Print > Settings
Then choose among the options in the first box. Print all pages prints the entire document; if Print Markup is checked, changes and comments are printed too. List of Markup will only print changes and comments, not the document itself.
- Word 2007: MS Office button >Print
- Word 2003/before: File > Print
Then select an option under Print what.
Document prints only the document itself, Document showing markup prints the document with changes and comments, and List of markup prints just the list of changes and comments, not the document.