New Work Item Proposal (NP) (FormNP)
A proposal for new work generally originates from industry via a National Committee. It is communicated to the members of the appropriate TC or SC accompanied by a form.
A new work item proposal is approved after a 3 months commenting and voting period, if :
- a simple majority of the committee’s P-members approve the new work item and
- if the minimum number of experts are nominated by P-members’ approving the new work item proposal. For committees with 16 or less P-members, a minimum of 4 experts and for committees with 17 or more P-members, a minimum of 5 experts.
A new work item proposal (NP) is a proposal for:
- a new standard;
- a new part of an existing standard;
- a Technical Specification
A new work item proposal may be made by:
- a national body;
- the secretariat of that technical committee or subcommittee;
- another technical committee or subcommittee;
- an organization in liaison;
- the technical management board or one of its advisory groups;
- the Chief Executive Officer.