Nominations and extensions
Latest nominations approved by SMB
The SMB (Standardization Management Board) has approved a number of nominations as well as the extension of the term of office of one Chairman.
New Chairman for IEC TC 104
IEC TC (Technical Committee) 104: Environmental conditions, classification and methods of test welcomed its new Chairman, Olaf Hübschmann, at the beginning of April for a period of six years.
Hübschmann has been a member of DKE K131, the German national mirror committee of TC 104, since 1998 and an expert in IEC TC 104 and its MTs (Maintenance Teams) 17: Dynamic conditions and tests, and 18: Special cases, since 2011.
Hübschmann has a degree in aerospace engineering from the University of Applied Sciences FH Aachen. He is Deputy Head of the Wind Tunnel, Dynamic & Vibration Test Department, part of the Flight Physics division of Cassidian’s Military Air Systems Centre in Manching, Germany, a company he joined in 1987. He was a founding member of the Noise & Working Group of Eurofighter GmbH and its German representative until 2008.
International Standards prepared by TC 104 provide classification and test methods for environmental conditions to which products are most likely subjected to when transported, stored, installed and handled.
First Chairman for IEC TC 120
The SMB approved the nomination of Erik Wolf as Chairman of TC 120: Electrical Energy Storage (EES) Systems, for a six-year term of office beginning in April 2013.
Wolf has a Master Degree in air and space technology from the University of Applied Sciences FH Aachen. He joined the Siemens group in 2000, where he has held several positions both in the USA and Germany. Since 2006 he is working on the integration of renewable energies into the grid, focusing particularly on energy storage technologies.
Wolf joined the German VDE working group on energy storage and, in 2009, co-authored a VDE/ETG* study on EES. He was also a founding member of EASE (European Association for the Storage of Energy) in 2011.
TC 120 was set up in 2012 to accelerate the integration of REs (renewable energies) into the grid and to enable a more reliable and efficient supply of electrical energy. As successful RE integration depends on EES, small and big centralized and decentralized EES systems will become increasingly important to meet growing global energy needs.
* ETG is VDE's Power Engineering Society, one of several Technical Societies under the VDE umbrella.
The extension of the term of office of the following IEC TC Chairman has been approved by SMB:
IEC TC 99
Enrico Maria Carlini, extension of term of office as Chairman of IEC TC 99: System engineering and erection of electrical power installations in systems with nominal voltages above 1 kV a.c. and 1,5 kV d.c., particularly concerning safety aspects.
- Electronic products such as smart phones are expected to work all over the world irrespective of climatic conditions, operational mode, and mechanical environment or handling
- TC 120 was set up to accelerate the integration of renewable energies into the grid and to enable a more reliable and efficient supply of electrical energy
- TC 99 prepares International Standards for the safe installation of high voltage electrical equipment
Find out more
- IEC SMBStandardization Management Board
- IEC TC 99System engineering and erection of electrical power installations in systems with nominal voltages above 1 kV a.c. and 1,5 kV d.c., particularly concerning safety aspects
- IEC TC 104Environmental conditions, classification and methods of test
- IEC TC 120Electrical Energy Storage (EES) Systems