Number of IECEE CB Test Certificates issued is growing fast
IECEE, the IEC System of Conformity Assessment Schemes for Electrotechnical Equipment and Components, held its annual series of meetings in Istanbul, Turkey, during the last week of June 2011. IECEE Executive Secretary Pierre de Ruvo made a presentation on the System's activities over the past 12 months and highlighted the good results obtained by CB Test Certificates.
Number of IECEE CB Test Certificates is soaring
In his presentation to the CMC (Certification Management Board) meeting that took place on 29-30 June, IECEE Executive Secretary Pierre de Ruvo provided information on the number of CBTCs (CB Test Certificates) issued in 2010 and informed the IECEE Members that the consolidated results show a continuous growth: 71 892 CBTCs were issued in 2010, a 20 % increase compared with the previous year’s results (59 654 CBTCs).
The direct acceptance in the market place by retailers, buyers, vendors, regulators and national authorities is also growing, making the IECEE System the benchmark of third-party conformity assessment worldwide.
Top product categories
- EMC – Electromagnetic compatibility
- HOUS – Household and similar equipment
- INST – Installation accessories and connection devices
- LITE – Luminaires
- MEAS – Measurement, control and laboratory equipment
- MED – Electrical equipment for medical use
- OFF – IT and office equipment
- TOOL – Portable tools
- TRON – Electronics, entertainment