Standardization Management Board
Title / Task
Electrotechnical Applications of Robot Technologies
Strategic Group 7, Electrotechnical Applications of Robotic Technologies was set up at SMB meeting 148, in October 2013 (SMB Decision 148/13).
SG 7 will undertake the following tasks in no more than 18 months with progress reviewed at SMB meeting 151 in November 2014:
• analyze the market and industry development;
• monitor the standardization progress in IEC, ISO and other relevant organizations;
• draft a roadmap to harmonize the standardization activities of IEC and ISO and to identify gaps in product standardization as well as possible relations to other TCs (e.g. automated guided vehicles);
• identify gaps and overlaps in standardization (for example, by studying use cases);
• acquire a list of rules and regulations for the application of robotic technologies;
• identify aspects related to safety and security, threats for societies, etc.
• cooperate with international Robotic Associations