International Standards and Conformity Assessment for all electrical, electronic and related technologies
Steering Committee of CISPR
The Steering Committee shall consist of:
- the Chairman of the CISPR (to be Chairman of the Steering Committee);
- the Vice-Chairman of the CISPR;
- the Chairmen of all CISPR subcommittees;
- the immediate past Chairman of the CISPR;
- the Chief Executive Officer of the IEC;
- the Secretariat of the CISPR;
- additional members as co-opted by the Chairman of the CISPR;
- a representative of each of the Member Bodies of the CISPR other than the National Committees of the IEC. Details of current members are shown on the CISPR page of the IEC website:
- the convenors of those Working Groups which report directly to the Steering Committee (when required).
The responsibilities of the Steering Committee are:
- To approve the CISPR Strategic Business Plan.
- To assist and advise the Chairman of the CISPR in the conduct of the affairs of the CISPR.
- To maintain contact with all work in progress in the CISPR.
- To give guidance and assistance to those carrying out the work of the CISPR.
- To consider progress reports from subcommittees, and from Working Groups which report directly to the Steering Committee.
- To advise the Chairman of the CISPR as to the arrangements to be made for meetings of the CISPR.
- To refer new objects of study to a subcommittee when the terms of reference do not directly apply.
- To set up Working Groups reporting to the Steering Committee.
- To co-ordinate and direct the work between subcommittees on common issues.