Systems aspects for electrical energy supply
Title & Task
HV systems and transmission aspects
WG2 will take the lead on providing coordination (and/or developing) with respect to technical reports and/or standards related issues surrounding HV, EHV and UHV transmission, generally over 50kV. It will also provide recommendations to the TC8 in coordinating or facilitating the development of IEC documents- technical reports or standards by other TCs to ensure that all facets of HV system aspects are adequately addressed.
Some of the WG2 tasks (but not limited to) are to:
- Develop technical reports and/or standards in the areas of HV transmission, generally over 50kV
- Provide an active overall coordination for the reliability of the interconnected HV Network Electric System and review relevant documents provided by WG2 members.
- Facilitate and Participate in the development of UHV Standards and UHV Symposium on behalf of TC8
- Planning and Design of interconnected HV network
- Application of System Special Protection Systems in HV transmission
-Operation of interconnected HV transmission network
-Maintenance of critical HV transmission equipment and components
- Benchmark international practices, codes and standards in the area of HV transmission reliability and practices
- Maintain liaison with other TCs, CIGRE, EPRI, IEEE and monitor the work of industry research and development.