Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear
Title & Task
Advisory Group of SC 17B
The Advisory Group (AG) of IEC SC17B was established to assist the chairman and the secretary in tasks concerning the steering, the coordination and the planning of the work of the subcommittee and other specific tasks of an advisory nature. The purpose of the AG is not to prepare standards.
The AG examines and anticipates the new market trends, the new technologies and the expanding areas of interest. Relying on this analysis, the AG gives general guidance and recommendations relating to the preparation of new publications. The AG prepares the Strategic Business Plan of the subcommittee.
Scope for the AG:
- Determines the optimum way forward for dealing with new projects of standards within IEC SC17B.
- Determines the optimum structure of IEC SC17B in terms of working groups, maintenance teams and project teams.
- Monitors the activities of the working groups, the maintenance teams and the project teams.
- Monitors the progress of the projects of standards within IEC SC17B.
- Monitors the stability period of the publications.
- Resolves possible conflicts with other committees.
- Proposes or agrees on liaisons with other IEC committees and subcommittees.
- Proposes or agrees on liaisons with other bodies external to the IEC (consortia ...).
- Monitors the existing liaisons.
The Advisory Group consists of the following de-facto members:
- Chairman and Secretary;
- Convenors of MTs and WGs;
- Project Leaders of the PTs reporting directly to the subcommittee.
Other co-opted members may be nominated by the chairman of IEC SC17B.
The project leaders of the project teams of IEC SC17B reporting to a working group or a maintenance team are not de-facto members.
The internal documents of the AG are distributed to its members and to the IEC Central Office. The main matters, proposals and decisions discussed during the meetings of the AG will be reported to the IEC SC17B plenary meeting.
The AG determines its own meeting schedule.