Systems aspects for electrical energy supply
Title & Task
MV/LV electricity distribution aspects
WG3 will take the lead on providing coordination (and/or developing) with respect to technical reports and/or standards related issues surrounding MV/LV up to and including 35kV. It will also provide recommendations to the TC8 in coordinating or facilitating the development of IEC documents- technical reports or standards by other TCs to ensure that all facets of MV/LV system aspects are adequately addressed.
Some of the WG3 tasks (but not limited to) are to -
- Discuss and accumulate experiences with regulators of different countries to make a report or guide of practical rules
- Develop a guide about international benchmark practices, codes and standards in the area of MV/LV
- Planning and Design of MV/LV Grids
- Connection of Dispersed generation on MV/LV
- Develop technical report about operation rules for MV/LV up to 35kV provided by WG3 members
- Maintain liaison with other TCs, IEEE, CENELEC, EURELECTRIC and monitor the work of industry research and development.