International Standards and Conformity Assessment for all electrical, electronic and related technologies
How we work
IEC Conformity Assessment terminology explained
- Conformity: compliance with the relevant technical specification.
- Test report: a document detailing the results of testing that a product has undergone to check whether it meets the technical specifications it is being tested against.
- Certification: a determination by an independent third party that a product meets the requirements detailed in the technical specification, based upon the test report.
- Mark: symbol used to identify that a product is compliant.
- Mutual recognition: reciprocal acceptance of results among the system participants.
- Peer assessment: assessing the competence and capability of a body carried out by a “peer”, i.e. another participating body of the same type.