Performance Report 2009
Performance Report 2009 offers a comprehensive overview of IEC activities throughout the year, including cooperation with international and regional partners, promotional activities, technical and standardization work, conformity assessment and financial performance.
- IEC produced 441 publications and the average production time for IEC International Standards was 33 months in 2009.
- Membership rose to record level of 76 countries.
- With four new members, the IEC Family counted 159 countries at the end of the year.
- IEC launched its Smart Grid portal, the one-stop resource for anyone involved in Smart Grid projects.
- UNECE formally endorsed the use of IECEx, the internationally recognized certification system that promotes safety of equipment in explosive areas.
- IEC signed a cooperation agreement with AFSEC, the African Electrotechnical Standardization Commission.